4 day course
Candidates must bring with them evidence of the previously achieved qualification in the same subject to enable us to commence training, if expired by over 12 months on the day of assessment, the initial route shall be taken.
Benefits for the learner
- This course teaches domestic gas meter installers up to date industry knowledge and practise to enable continued safe working.
What you’ll learn on this course
- Gas safety legislation and standards.
- Gas emergency actions and procedures.
- Products and characteristics of combustion.
- Ventilation (for domestic and non-domestic appliances).
- Installation of pipework and fittings (outlet pipework).
- Tightness testing and purging.
- Checking and/or setting meter regulators.
- Unsafe situations, use of emergency notices and warning labels.
- Operation and positioning of ECV, isolation controls and valves.
- Chimney Standards.
- Re-establish existing gas supply and re-light appliances.