The course meets the requirements of the revised Approved Code of Practice (ACOP) and Guidance : Legionnaires disease. This course is aimed at those wishing to gain a qualification in water treatment, system design and disinfection in domestic, small commercial properties and spa pools. On completion of the training, candidates will have better understanding of the requirements of all relevant standards (L8)
Benefits of Attending
The disinfection of cold water systems is work that can be carried out by competent plumbing operatives with the aim to ensure operatives have the knowledge and skills to undertake the disinfection process.
Though the training is primarily aimed at practising plumbing operatives who already have knowledge of hot and cold water systems, it will also be appropriate to water inspectors and others who are involved with the maintenance and management of a water system.
Outline of Programme
- Recognise the implications of a Legionnaires' disease outbreak
- Summarise how Legionnaires outbreaks can occur in water handling systems
- Identify relevant legislation and the requirements for compliance
- Recognise the role of water handling system owners
- Recognise the role of water handling systems safety providers
- Identify higher risk water handling system
- Disinfection process
- Practical risk assessment of a cold and hot water system
- Recommendation's that can be made to rectify any problems
Candidates must hold a recognised trade qualification in plumbing and heating. A working knowledge of central heating, hot and cold water systems is essential s well as holding Water Regulations or Water Byelaws.
Combination of practical assessment and theory exam.