This 2 day course has been designed for individuals looking to demonstrate competence to work on the testing, fault-finding and commissioning of electrical gas installations/systems.
WHO SHOULD ATTEND
The course is ideal for experienced gas engineers, plumber/heating engineers and installers looking to improve their knowledge and understanding of domestic gas/electric systems and fault-finding.
Basic electrical fundamentals
Health, safety and safe isolation of electrical equipment
How gas appliance and controls systems work
Fault finding techniques and product replacement
The modern gas appliance can be a complex piece of equipment that relies on numerous electrical components to function correctly.
This modular training programme will explain the fundamentals of electrical safety and how appliances and systems work. You will also learn the methodology of fault diagnostics. All required knowledge and understanding will be evaluated through the theory and practical modular assessments.
The aim of the programme is provide the learner with sufficient knowledge and understanding for:
- Basic electrical fundamentals
- How gas appliance and controls systems work
- Health, safety and safe isolation of electrical equipment
- Fault finding techniques and product replacement
The electrical fault-finding training and assessment has been designed to provide the necessary skills in design, installation, testing, commissioning, servicing and fault-finding of gas appliance electrical systems.
Our wiring & controls course will help you master the wiring of boilers and zone valves.
Some of the topics you’ will cover on our wiring & controls course are:
Y Plan, S Plan and S plan Plus controls:
We have all boards during the course, you can learn on all systems with faults the wiring sequence this is a real work conditions. How to install all controls we have fault finding flow charts full wiring diagrams,
- Successfully complete a theory assessment consisting of a range of questions related to basic electrical fundamentals.
- Successfully complete a theory assessment consisting of a range of questions related to how gas appliances and system controls work.
- Successfully demonstrate the correct safe isolation procedure
- Successfully complete three theory assessments consisting of a range of questions related to fault diagnostic techniques’, practically demonstrate electrical safety checks and locate and repair an electrical fault on a wet central heating control system.
This course is designed to give gas installers the ability to appreciate the safety requirements when:
- Maintaining gas appliances and systems
- Fault finding on gas appliance electrical systems
- Replacing controls and components on different types of gas appliance electrical systems
- This course is not intended to train gas installers to become electricians